Monday, August 3, 2009

Ebb and Flow

My lastest non-fiction writing project has been a lot tougher than I thought since it was semi-biographical. I'm finding that I have little in the way of completed sections because they are too hard to revisit and therefore impossible to edit at present. It's time to put it away again. I've pulled it out a few times over the last two years or so and it will now return to its former home just a little more fleshed-out. At some point I think I will finish it but not yet.

Now my newest non-fiction project is just rolling. It's fun!! It is not so much about the mistakes I can never correct and is instead about the ones I was able to correct. There is nothing (very) embarassing for the others who have become players in this story--mostly because those players are my kids and husband and they are always willing to laugh at their own silliness and misconceptions.

I love this little family of mine. They encourage me and make everything 200% more interesting than I ever thought it would be. Even the stressful times are full of laughter and tender moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment